Monday, April 19, 2010

Doors Open Denver

I'm baffled that this annual event, Doors Open Denver, is not in the Arts & Leisure chapter of my Moon Denver guidebook. I could have sworn that I included it. Well, I certainly will do so in the next edition. Basically, Doors Open Denver, is a chance for the general public to visit select locations around the city for one weekend--the lineup changes each year too--for guided and self-guided tours. Yesterday my daughter and I waited in a very, very long line in Union Station to see the Platte Valley Model Railroad that is housed in the basement and typically only open at night when she's in bed. A big sign says that it's the oldest of it's kind in the U.S.--since 1933. My daughter was not thrilled that she could not touch the toy trains, but such is the world of model trains. From what I heard from other people in line, the other tour sites--particularly the D & F tower--also had long lines. My tip: go early!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment