Sunday, April 11, 2010

Denver souvenir t-shirts

The other day my sister-in-law was in town and wanted to get her kids a souvenir t-shirt from Denver. First stop was Little Man Ice Cream, where of course the kids had eaten within hours of arriving in the Mile High City. Unfortunately, the cute styles and colors only have the business name but do not actually say "Denver, CO" anywhere on them. My sister-in-law's t-shirt criteria is that is have the name of the city, and not just business. This put us on a mission in a very short period of time.

We started with Rockmount Ranch Wear, where I usually suggest people get souvenir tees. But, no! Only some adult men's t-shirts actually say "Denver, CO." Still, I recommend them.
Moving on, we hit a souvenir shop on the 16th Street Mall and left empty-handed because the styles were so dull--not feminine or--can I say this about a souvenir t-shirt?--or sophisticated. Just white and boxy crew neck tees. Next up was the Denver Art Museum, which also was rejected on style.
Success!!! At the Denver Zoo of all places. Very cute. I mean, if they were adult and maybe didn't say Denver Zoo, I would have bought one for me.

I'll be on the hunt for more souvenir t-shirts and maybe it's detail I can include in my next Moon Denver guidebook.

1 comment:

  1. I love Denver! I went there last year and had the time of my life, wonderful scenery and great atmosphere! The only thing I wish I did was get a awesome souvenir t shirts!

    ReplyDelete