Saturday, August 29, 2009

Denver's BEST new restaurant

The Squeaky Bean restaurant did not open until 2009 so it obviously was not included in the pages of my Moon Denver guidebook. However, that is the purpose of this blog and I am thrilled to share the news! I must confess that I walk and drive by this place almost daily and it took me months to go in. I hope others won't also be deterred by mistakenly thinking it's a coffee shop. It used to be a coffee shop--two different ones, in fact--but now it is a fabulous, smart restaurant with a seasonal menu. Last night I ate--or gobbled:)--the freshest rice/squash/pine nut//too many other tasty things salad for dinner, along with a scrumptious beet salad. I asked my husband how his shrimp BLT was, but he couldn't answer in the midst of chewing, licking his fingers, etc. The owner--an experienced Denver restauranteur--has leased land out back and is growing much of the produce himself in tidy large raised garden beds--arugula, tomatoes, herbs.

See the latest menu at www.squeakybean.net or just go to 33rd & Tejon because they have a breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menu as well as a fully stocked bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment