Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kids free on Denver light rail

On page 210 of my Moon Denver guidebook I wrote about the Denver light rail trains that currently provide service from downtown to the suburbs, with a few stops to great neighborhoods along the way. What I didn't know at the time was that kids under 5 ride free on the light rail. I'll look into whether this is also the case on RTD buses, but I suspect it is the same. What a deal! My daughter and I took the light rail to the South Pearl Street Farmers' Market this morning and she loved the train ride. It was a cheap thrill, as they say! Unfortunately, the "farmers' market" that I also wrote about on page 140 of my Moon Denver guidebook was not as I remembered (or described in my book). There was barely any produce and I am not convinced they were even farmers since half their produce was from the grocery store (with stickers!). I would still recommend it, but it is a street fair with goods from some of the local shops for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment