Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mile High Loop upcoming events

I wrote about the Mile High Loop in City Park in my Moon Denver guidebook even though the trail was still a work in progress. Well, many of those changes/additions are now coming to fruition! On June 2, Mayor Hickenlooper and others will be on hand to unveil the new 5,280 marker on the Mile High Loop. The trail hits the 5,280 elevation four times, but when I walked it recently I did not see any mention of this fact anywhere so it's exciting to know it will now be official in at least one spot. THe marker will be at the west side of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I thought the loop was a great walk on a day when the trees were in full bloom and the park was not very crowded--a real step into nature in the middle of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment