Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Denver's 10 Things To Do Before You Die

I saw this article in the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5054084

Top 10 Things to Do in Colorado Before You Die and it got me thinking that Denver should have such a list. Or I should write one, since only two of the things on their list would be covered in my Moon Denver guidebook. Here goes (in no particular order):

1. Climb up to the Capitol Dome and take in the view
2. Spend a night in the Brown Palace Hotel (or just take a tour)
3. Visit Confluence Park (and read about the history of founding Denver on the spot)
4. Drive, walk, horseback or bicycle through Garden of the Gods
5. Run the Bolder Boulder
6. See a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater (or just take a hike there)
7. Listen to the elk in Rocky Mountain National Park
8. Check out the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya
9. Take in a Rockies game at Coors Field (or take a tour and be sure to enjoy the view from the Mile High seats)
10. Visit the Denver Art Museum and don't miss the Western art

Agree? Disagree?

UPDATE: Thanks to Elizabeth's funny comments to this post, I feel the need to clarify--although the clarifications are also in my book. Of course I meant climbing the stairs to the inside of the Capitol building dome. They were closed for a few years, but I believe remain open these days for those not afraid of heights or a bit of steep exercise:)

1 comment:

  1. 8 of 10 done, not bad! I am not sure what the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya is and feel I may be arrested trying to climb the Capitol.

    ReplyDelete