Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lovin' my Denver Highlands neighborhood!

Yesterday I headed out--albeit at the last minute of about 4 pm on the day before Valentine's Day--for some chocolates for my hubby. I live in the Denver Highlands neighborhood, one of the maps and areas featured in my Moon Denver guidebook. First stop was Wen Chocolates on Platte Street where I was stopped cold by a "closed" sign. What?! Their busiest weekend of the year and closed? Well, sold out the sign said. Cool, that's what happens with fresh food. I decided to head to Wordshop in Highlands Square because I was confident that the sweet owner would know where to find chocolates. She wasn't in but her salesclerk was just as nice and not only did I find a terrific card, she told me to go around the corner to the Perfect Petal where I found--unbelievably--locally made chocolates in a cute box. Whew! Mission accomplished in record time with friendly people. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment