Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Denver Arts Week

While still a fledgling annual event, Denver Arts Week is about to launch its 3rd year and I'm hearing about lots of interesting deals, discounts and freebies that are tie ins to the Mile High City's cultural scene. I did write about Denver Arts Week in the pages of my Moon Denver guidebook but honestly had been unaware of its first two years, so this year I'm looking forward to exploring.

For starters, check out C & H Glassworks in the Denver suburb of Lakewood, www.chglassworks.com, where you can see glass blowing demonstrations this weekend, Nov. 6-8. I would love to see a little glass orange pumpkin made--and can even buy one for 10% off or enter to win a $100 gift certificate. Watch the artists at work and tour the gallery.

Over at the Children's Museum of Denver, which is one of the Sights in my Moon Denver guidebook, get in free on Sat., 11/7 from 5-10 p.m. (a little late for kiddos, but okay) or get a $1 off admission when you bring in new or gently used art supplies. Check the schedule for different daily art themes throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment