Thursday, September 10, 2009

Denver guidebook add: Highland Haven Creekside Inn

I will be adding Evergreen's Highland Haven to the next edition of my Moon Denver guidebook, and let me tell you why:

Last night I was treated to tours of the cozy cottages and suites at Highland Haven that feel like light years from the Mile High City, but are less than an hour's drive from downtown. I had not heard of this place when I was writing my Denver guidebook, or I surely would have included it in the Greater Denver Hotels listings. Honestly, I just don't know Evergreen that well but now I know exactly who I would turn to for that insider advice--the dedicated owners of this charming bed & breakfast. There are cottages intimate and private enough for a honeymoon and suites large enough for corporate retreats. The food was tasty, and in warmer months the patio is the place to sit and listen to the creek and quaking aspens. But wait, there's more! In 2010 they will debut a unique "treehouse" amidst the cottages--an elevated two-story 850-sq. ft. cabin between two large spruce trees. The treehouse will be built from sustainable materials and additional information can be found on their site, www.highlandhaven.com.

To be that close to Denver, that comfortable and well-appointed and be able to look at the stars...pretty special!

No comments:

Post a Comment